Saturday, August 2, 2014

Bench and Watsons Haul + Product Reviews!!!

Before the end of last semester, I decided to stock up on daily essentials since I was already running low on my supplies. I bought the following items from Bench and Watsons.



 Organics Papaya & Seaweed Shower Creme
7.05 oz./200 g
(P  89 each, Promo)

What it claims:

Whitens and firms for smoother even-toned skin.

Description

Bathe your skin with this luxurious shower bath in cream form enriched with natural extracts.

  • Papaya Extract is a proven and effective ingredient that helps exfoliate dead skin cells to reveal whiter, smoother complexion
  • Seaweed Extract helps the skin's texture and elasticity for firm, even toned-skin
Together, they help rejuvenate the skin to keep it flawless, healthy and radiant.

Directions

Apply onto bath sponge or wash cloth and lather on skin. Rinse thoroughly.

Verdict:

When I first took a whiff of this shower cream, I didn't find the scent appealing that much. However, upon using the product I found myself liking the peculiar smell of the combination of the papaya and seaweed extracts. The cream is thick but not too thick and it lathers up quite well. I think a little of this goes a long way but I prefer to be a bit more generous whenever I use this in the shower. However, I did not notice if the shower cream did indeed whiten and tone my skin.


 Organics Bamboo & Green Tea Body Lotion
250 g/8.8 oz
(P 89, Promo)

What it claims:

Detoxifies skin impurities for healthy skin.

Description

Lavish your skin with this luxurious body lotion enriched with natural antioxidants.


  • Bamboo Extract helps refresh dull and tired skin caused by stress and pollution
  • Green Tea Extract promotes skin renewal, has natural sun protection and antibacterial properties
Together, they help promote healthy, youthful, and vibrant skin.

Verdict:

What I liked most about this body lotion is that it doesn't leave a sticky feeling on my skin. The scent is light and not overpowering. I love that this product has multiple benefits. Since I don't really put sunblock everyday it's very convenient that this lotion already has natural sun protection. It protects my skin from the harmful rays of the sun!


 Organics Bamboo & Green Tea Body Scrub
7.05 oz./200 g
(P 89, Promo)


What it claims:

Detoxifies skin impurities for healthy skin.

Description

Pamper your skin with this gentle exfoliating body scrub enriched with natural antioxidants.

  • Bamboo Extract helps refresh dull and tired skin caused by stress and pollution
  • Green Tea Extract promotes skin renewal, has natural sun protection and antibacterial properties
Together, they help promote healthy, youthful, and vibrant skin.

Directions

Massage all over your body. Apply generously on rough areas. Rinse thoroughly.

Verdict:

I have tried other body scrubs and I can say that this is by far the creamiest of them all. It has a thick formulation. The scent of this scrub is the same as the lotion variant. It's a bit hard to spread because of the consistency but other than that I have no qualms about it. It exfoliates my skin quite well and leaves it soft and smooth as well.


 Olay Natural White Instant Glowing Fairness Cream in Light
20 g
(P 79)


What it claims:

Olay Natural White Instant Glowing Fairness Serum formula works immediately to brighten your face and also helps to provide following benefits:

- Correct uneven skin tone
- Make skin tone lighter
- Provide sun protection to give you fair looking skin that glows
- It has combined effect of tone correction serum + moisturizer

Directions

Use Olay Natural White Instant Glowing Fairness Cream twice a day on a clean face and neck.

Verdict:

The first time I tried this cream out, I bought the sachet version for only P 15. Initially I used this as my make-up base before applying face cream powder. I ended up liking it so much that I purchased more of it. It really does give that instant glowing fairness effect on my face plus it moisturizes my skin without making it look too oily. This product is also multi tasking and it has uv protection.

 Olay Age Protect Anti-Ageing Cream
18 g
(P 139)


What it claims:
  1. Lighten Dark Spots
  2. Visibly Reduce Wrinkles
  3. Improve Skin Tone
Directions

Use on clean face & neck. Avoid contact with the eye area. If product gets into eyes, rinse thoroughly with water. If skin or eye irritation develops, discontinue use.

Verdict:

Maybe some of you are wondering as to why and 18 year old girl like me is already using an anti-aging cream. The reason behind this is pretty simple, starting young is key to having beautiful and youthful looking skin. I don't have dark spots so I can't tell if this cream removes it. I do have minimal wrinkles on my forehead but this product keeps it at bay by reducing fine lines. I noticed that my skin has a healthy looking glow after using this every night.


 Garnier Brightening Eye Roll-On
15 ml
(P 240)


What it claims:

  • Immediate cooling effect to decongest puffy eyes
  • In 14 days, skin looks brighter and more radiant
  • In 28 days, bags and dark circles are reduced

Verdict:


When I was younger I was able to try this eye roll-on and I must admit that at first I din't like it cause it irritated the skin under my eyes. There was a burning sensation whenever I used it. I decided to give this product another chance since the eye cream I was using was making my eyes swollen. Though the bags and dark circles under my eyes have not diminished this roll-on gives me a refreshing effect.


 Apollo Petroleum Jelly
25 g
(P 31)


What it claims:
  • Moisturizes dry skin overnight
  • Soothes chapped skin and lips
  • Soothes minor burns
  • Helps prevent diaper rash
  • Soothes minor scrapes
  • Removes eye make-up

Directions


Apply liberally as often as necessary.

Verdict:

I use this religiously every night as a lip balm an it is the best one that I have used! Let me just tell you guys that I have tried a lot lip balms ever since I was a child but nothing can compare to the moisturizing properties of petroleum jelly. Naturally, I have dry lips and this is my savior! It soothes my chapped lips overnight!


Aficionado Bath & Body Spray in Fancy
110 ml
(P 90 each)


Verdict:

I have been using this cologne since I was a sophomore in high school. I love the fresh and girly scent of this. The aroma isn't cloying and it doesn't hurt my nose at all! Sadly, the scent doesn't last very long so I find myself applying more of this cologne through out the day.

-Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment