Sunday, February 9, 2014

Summer Capital of the Philippines!

Hi guys, it's me again. I promised you that I would post more often so here you go! :) 

Last January 18, me and my blockmates went on a field trip to the Summer Capital of the Philippines, Baguio! It was REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY COLD up there (less than 10 degrees I think?), but the place is beautiful! So much history and leisure in one place. :) 

So before I move on to our actual fieldtrip, let me show you our "bahay-bahayan" during our stay in Baguio. We stayed at Le Chateau Transient Home and Accommodation. We were divided into different rooms (named by colors), and our group ended up in the Orange Room. Yeyyy! My favorite color! <3

Orange room! 


Each room has 2 bedrooms (w/ one or more bunk beds), a bathroom, comfort room, living room (w/ TV), and dining room (w/ kitchen and fridge). It is completely furnished! All your cooking materials such as pots, pans, even eating utensils are readily available. :)

Moving on, we arrived at around 1 or 2 pm at Baguio City. Contrary to the scorching sun that we people are used to at this time of the day, it was really chilly in Baguio. So immediately after we have alighted from our van and arrived at our first destination, which is the Ili-Likha Cafe owned by Kidlat Tahimik, we started searching for hot chocolate. We were fortunate enough to meet the owner himself. I admit I fangirled a little since I watched one of his independent films for my Comm 2 class. :)

Ili-Likha Cafe :)

The cafe has a certain charm in it. It's not the usual structured, modern cafe that we are all used to. Different works of arts can be seen all over the place. It's visually appealing and adds to the character of the place. If you want to get a taste of Filipino art, this is definitely one of the places you should visit. :)

Reminded me of The Lorax! :))

Finally, after more than 5 (?) hours on the road, HOT CHOCOLATE!!!

Look of triumph! :D

Me and my friends warmed up a bit before heading out to our destinations for the day! I don't have pictures of all the places we visited like Baguio General Hospital and the Baguio Museum. :(

My friend, Bea, enjoying her cup of hot chocolate! :)


We were the last group to leave the place since our van went missing. So we decided to take wacky photos/OOTDs while waiting. 

Sarah's OOTD! :)

I'm the jeje of the group so I usually do wacky poses such as this! Haha! :))

Thrifted sweater :) 

Our last destination for the day was Maryknoll. More pictures!

Bea's OOTD


Bea and Ching! :)


"F4"

I was really tired the following day because I only slept for about 2 hours so I wasn't as energetic as I was compared to the day before Good thing our first stop for Day 2 in Baguio is in Tam-awan Village. Fortunately for me, there was a cafe in the village so I had another cup of hot chocolate and cheese cake for breakfast! 

Sarah and me having cheesecake and hot chocolate at Tam-awan Village Cafe. :)


We left a few minutes after ordering, since we needed to go to our next destination. :(

Strawberries! :D 

Yeyyyyy for strawberries! :D 

I guess these were the highlights of our trip. It was a great stress reliever for all of us before hell breaks loose again. For those who are planning to visit Baguio, wear layers and layers of clothing. Some of my block mates tried to wear shorts, the outcome was not good (shakes head). :)) We have 2 more fieldtrips coming up, one in Banahaw (I've been there before! :D), and another in Manila (kind of a tour actually), so you'll definitely be hearing from me soon. 


Have a great day! :D 

- Carren

No comments:

Post a Comment